- Bubble Chamber Beginnings: Revisiting the Vintage I
- Bubble Chamber Beginnings: Revisiting the Vintage II
- The Magnificent MicroBooNE: Science Through the Art of Jackson Pollock and David Smith
- Neutrinos and NOvA: A Vasarely Variation
- Binary Bypass: Neutrinos for Data Communication I
- Binary Bypass: Neutrinos for Data Communication II
- The Supernova Spectacle
- Allies for Antineutrinos
- Solar Dynamo / Solar Interior
- Magneto-Convection Emerging Flux
- Double Coronal Mass Ejection
- Nouveau Nouvel: Mondrian as Muse
- The Ebola Virus
- Rough Waters: In Depth
- Detail of The Magnificent Micelle
- Brain + Love, left
- Deconstructing the Barracks: Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Deconstructing the Warsaw Ghetto
- Making a Difference: Breast Cancer Revisited
- Perfect Prisms: Crystal Chapel
- Deconstructed Crain Communications Building
- Deconstructed Marina Towers
- Deconstructed Aqua Building
- Mies-en-scene: The Farnsworth House
- Second Illusion About Antonio G. in New York
- Gliding Goff/Gryder Residence Reconstructed
- Reconstructing the Wright Space
(art)n produces PHSColograms: computer generated, three-dimensional digital backlit photographs, PHSCologram sculptures and PHSCologram installations commissioned by museums, research institutions, corporations and private collectors.
Since the early 1980s, a large body of work has been produced under Sandor's direction by the (art)n collective and numerous collaborators. Recurring themes explored include early tributes to artists, virtual portraits, science as art, visual history, video game culture, Chicago Imagists, and renderings of unrealized architectural plans.
Above is a detail from The Magnificent Micelle
, a 2013 PHSCologram.
Ellen Sandor is the Founder and Director of Chicago-based (art)n Laboratory, Inc. Selected works from the (art)n portfolio are available for exhibition, publication, and purchase.